IOS / ANDROID MOBILE APP & WEB ADMIN BACKEND
For this project the client required a rebuild of an existing Mobile App to introduce all new functionality and design, and bring it up to date with current technology.
Automotive Cover Prices (the client) approached us to rebuild an existing mobile app and website. The customer and business requirements had undergone some major changes, and required a substantial revamp. The requirement was for us to implement these changes while rebuilding the system on current technologies.
Part of the challenge was the very short timeline in which it had to be completed.
We analyzed the existing mobile app, backend service, and website, and decided it was best to rebuild it from scratch, using the existing product and change requirements as a guideline of required features.
We constructed a new web app that would cater for the website and mobile app backend API, and then built out a new hybrid mobile app from scratch. A new app was required in order to eliminate bugs and performance challenges experienced in the existing app.
The initial build of the mobile app was delivered within 4 weeks, and then polished off along with the web app and backend over the next 4 weeks. The client is incredibly happy with the new app, as it works really well and looks great. The whole product now looks much more modern, and works far better as it uses the best current technologies.
- Microsoft Azure Platform (Websites, Traffic Manager, SQL Azure)
- Asp.NET MVC and WebAPI for the web app and mobile backend
- Hangfire.io for distributed, scalable background task scheduling
- Ionic Framework to produce iOS and Android apps
- Ionic.io for push notifications and app analytics
- AdMob for in-app ads
- PayFast integration for payments
- REST Webservice API’s for various integrations